Sunday, September 13, 2015

Entry 3: My experience at KPTM.
Author: Amirul Addin B. Zul Patra
Class: DIM0103

            Kolej Poly-Tech Mara, one of the most recognize constitution among the college in Malaysia. Right after my SPM’s result came out, some of my fellow friend suggest me to apply this college. I was highly doubt about it, but I did my own research. I began to search, analyze and  did my homework about advantages and disadvantages of KPTM’s Ipoh. After I satisfied, I applied. At first, they rejected me. I was like alright because I really hope to get into government’s college. After few weeks, I was jumped when I found out I got accepted in. Then I began to prepare myself into an alone journey.

            The registration was at 20th June 2015. I arrived around 10 a.m at saw people around the college. The adrenalin was rushed at first, but I managed myself to calm down and try to work my mind set straight. The first impression when I looked at the college building was a little bit disappointed, because I imagined it was like kind of like any university like in the television. Then I done myself the registration and I was given the map leading to my dorm.

            The journey to my dorm takes 20 minutes from the college. It was a bit relieved when I saw houses instead of something else. Then I step into my dorm, meeting new friends. The dorm holds 8 person per house and my housemates is Firdaus, Haziq, Azhan, Fattah, Hakim, Amir and Yusry. It was a bit awkward at the first time, but we introduced ourselves and get along well to each other.

            The next three days, we are pretty much in hell. The orientation session was pretty bad at first but in the end of the days, we had lot of fun. We cried the last day of the orientation session. Those who managed to get through should be given medal of honour. But we got a t-shirt, a jacket, lanyard and a notebook. It was fair though. But the purpose of the orientation to strengthen more our friendship. Thank god it was over.

            After Raya’s holiday, we official started our class. By the official means is assignments and such. It’s a whole new world to me. Need to push myself bit more to succeed. I meet many wonderful lecturers and they are very helpful to me.  As at the dorm, we had a lot of activities among us. I remember when we cooked ourselves “bubur lambuk” for iftar on that day. The director himself even joined us and gave us spirit even though it kind of tired because we started from the early morning with the help from Student Representative Council.

           
           

            The best part is when we were introduced to learn some cool fixtures and apps like  Adobe Photoshop, Sonic Foundry and Adobe Premiere Pro. Now we could edit, modify and even produce ourselves a film! Therefore, I could master the video technique and join forces with Micheal Bay! What proud my parents can be? Even though the buildings aren’t luxury or large as than richer college, but the experience of the personnel that makes the KPTM’s Ipoh stand still one of the best and competitive education institution within Malaysia.

            As the conclusion, I’d says many thanks to Kolej Poly-Tech Mara because as they accept me, they opened my new world. I felt like an adult whenever I enter the premises. I do promise to myself and my family, to achieve glory and tears of joys for the next better future. And that’s story of my journey and experience, the how’s and why’s, the changes of me when I walk into KPTM’s Ipoh life. Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment