Grammar is easy as 1, 2, 3!
(Starting from 29th June 2015)
Day 1.
“Again? Grammar? “, I was sigh all along. That what I’ve been thinking when we met our new English lecturer, Puan Hamizah Osman. She’s our English lecturer from now on. “We must know how work our brain, train them”, that’s the phrase that have been struck in my mind. I thought maybe there's a hint behind it. Well, Puan Hamizah is kind of serious in her business but sometimes in her seriousness, there’s a great advices and guidelines.
Day 2.
What we did in Day 1 was ice-breaking. Now, move onto Day 2. We’d start our class as usual, then Puan Hamizah would start asking everyone how was their level of grammar. Few says they’re good, but mostly those who rose up their hands are below satisfying. Then the real lesson commencing. “I like to eat”, that’s the sentence that she wrote on the whiteboard. Then she’d break the sentence and said “Part of Speech”, explaining the word one by one. “I” is noun, “like” is adjective, “to” is adverb and “eat” is verb. The way that she taught us, is very different than our school teachers. Which is I found very exciting. Her impressions and body language really got me into learning process. Even though I’m a bit good at English, but she makes it even more easier as 1,2,3. After an intense two hours of learning, the class ends.
Day 3.
The class starts at 10.30 and I’m eager to learn more. This time we learn about pronouns. Pronouns are the words to replace nouns. They’re seven types of pronouns. Personal nouns, possessive nouns, reflective nouns, relative nouns, demonstrative nouns, indefinite nouns and interrogative nouns. For example, possessive nouns is like “mine, yours, theirs” often used to replace “belong to me”. Next, verb. Action and non-action. Verb is mostly known because we used them every single day. Because of that, everyone in the class are pretty good at it. The most interesting to me when we are learning about “subject verb agreement”, because everyone in the class had the chance to write on the whiteboard. Some sentence is funny though, but after Puan explained it to us, it’s really useful. To me, this is really getting me at some point, thinking that grammar is the law of English and if you follow it, it’ll be easy for you.
Day 4.
Today’s class lesson is pretty light because we are all in the mood of Raya, which is coming in few days. So, she had us recalls all the lesson that has been taught. Everyone answered the questions correctly because we know how to work our “brain”. I was happy at that moment because as the class representative, I saw the progress of everyone in grammar. I was grateful because we met a very dedicated educator at Kolej Poly-Tech Mara. I'm looking forward for the coming days in English class with Puan Hamizah.
No comments:
Post a Comment